"Volkswagen Polo" (hatchback): photos, characteristics
Hatchback "Volkswagen Polo" - representativefamily of compact cars, which due to the budget value of their models, high reliability and economical operation deservedly enjoyed popularity in various countries around the world.
Creation of Volkswagen automobile production
Concern Volkswagen, which is one of thethe world's largest car manufacturers, was organized in 1937. A feature of the German automaker is that the company was originally created to develop and large-scale production of a cheap national car.
The first factory of the company was built in 1939,At the same time, they released trial models of the national runabout. The model was named "Beetle" and became a symbol of the concern. After repeated modernization, the car was produced until 2003, and more than 21 million copies were produced. In addition to producing a successful model of a car, the company also concentrated on creating its own sales network, car-care centers and stations servicing the cars produced.
Currently, Volkswagen produces over 20 models of cars at numerous auto assembly plants located in different countries around the world.
The history of creating a small car "Polo"
For the first time the subcompact car came down withCompany's conveyor in 1975. At the heart of the novelty lay the model of "Audi-50", the production of which was discontinued due to the redesign of the assembly plant "Audi" for the production of premium cars. A small "Polo" immediately began to enjoy popularity, which contributed to the next fuel crisis.
The car had a front-wheel drive, three-doorbody hatchback and power unit with a capacity of only 40 liters. from. In 1977, a version was created in the performance of a sedan and with a 60 strong engine. Production of the first generation continued until 1981. The second subcompact generation continued until 1994, and in the current period the company is already producing the sixth series. The Polo car could be produced simultaneously in seven assembly areas of the Volkswagen company, including the Kaluga plant.
Features of a compact car
Advantages of the car regardless of the period of production are:
- individual design;
- affordable cost;
- reliable design;
- worthy equipment;
- high security;
- low operating costs.
In addition, the popularity was also facilitated by the availability of several versions of the performance. Depending on the generation of the Volkswagen Polo, it could be equipped with the following bodies:
- station wagon.
A van was also produced in the cargo-passenger version. In European countries, the hatchbacks "Volkswagen Polo" were more popular.
In 2010, the midget car became the car of the year,and in 1995 it was the second. The overall safety rating for almost all modifications was five stars in the Euro NCap classification. Polo is firmly held among the top ten most sold European cars.
Car "Polo" of the sixth generation
The existing sixth generation of the subcompact waswas presented at a special event in Berlin last summer. This is the Volkswagen Polo hatchback of the 2017 model year. Cars of this modification are not supplied to our country, therefore the Kaluga plant will continue to produce the previous version of the subcompact in the sedan.
New Volkswagen Polo Hatchback (Photopresented in the review) is performed on the platform MQB-A0, which produces the latest modifications of passenger cars "SEAT Ibiza" and "Skoda Fabia" (both automakers are part of the concern Volkswagen). The modified platform increased the dimensions of the car, which increases the comfort in the cabin. For the acquisition of a new hatchback received just seven different power units with a capacity of 60 to 150 liters. with., Among which are five petrol and two versions of diesel engines. The novelty design created a more dynamic and solid exterior image of the Volkswagen Polo hatchback of the next model series.
Polo of the 2017 sample
The updated subcompact kept its recognizable appearance. Such individual design for hatchback "Volkswagen Polo" is formed by the following design solutions:
- a new form of LED optics with built-in day lights;
- a smaller size of the radiator grille, supplemented by a light horizontal insert;
- relief lines of the hood;
- rectangular bottom air intake;
- smooth lines of frontal punching;
- aerodynamic exterior mirrors;
- an interesting picture of standard wheel disks;
- wide tailgate tailgate;
- an upper spoiler with a stop signal;
- step rear bumper.
In addition, the company offers more quantityoptions for painting the body. All this allows you to give a more sporting dynamic look to the new hatchback "Volkswagen Polo" (photo below) generation, as well as to make a compact car recognizable.
Along with such qualities as design, comfort andsafety, the popularity of this or that car is provided by technical parameters. Characteristics of the hatchback "Volkswagen Polo" new version with a 75-horsepower engine and automatic transmission are as follows:
- class of model - B;
- number of doors - 4;
- number of seats - 5;
- wheelbase - 2.56 m (+ 11.0 cm);
- length - 3,97 m (+8,0 cm);
- width - 1,75 m (+ 6,0 cm);
- ground clearance - 11,0 cm;
- gauge (front / rear) - 1,44 / 1,45 m;
- the size of the trunk - 435 (1127) l;
- the permissible total weight is 1.58 tons;
- engine capacity - 1,39 l;
- power - 75 liters. from.;
- number and arrangement of cylinders - 4 (L-row);
- the number of valves per cylinder is 4;
- the maximum speed is 172.0 km / h;
- time acceleration to 100 km / h - 13.4 seconds;
- type of tires - 165 / 70R14;
- the volume of the tank is 45 liters;
- fuel consumption (city / highway) - 5,2 / 8,8 l.
Salon hatchback "Volkswagen Polo" traditionallydespite its compact size, high-quality ergonomics and good comfort. These qualities were created by the designers of the company with the help of the following solutions:
- increasing the size of the car;
- Turned to the driver by the central console with the monitor of a multimedia complex;
- an instrument panel with standard rounded scales, an on-board computer display and an anti-reflective visor;
- adjustable multi-function steering wheel;
- convenient arrangement of control keys for various car systems;
- a significant number of offices, pockets and niches for placing various things;
- A special design of the seats that allow you to save the volume of the cabin.
For interior decoration in the basic version, high-quality materials characteristic of the budget class of cars, namely plastic, anti-wear fabrics, light metal inserts were used.
Despite its economy class and smalldimensions, hatchback "Volkswagen Polo" is equipped with a large number of various systems and equipment to help the driver, creating comfort and safety. Among the main ones we can distinguish:
- brake mechanism with automatic delay function in case of collision or pedestrian collision;
- two-zone climate control;
- electric heating for front seats;
- controllers of light and rain;
- complex for tracking blind areas;
- sensors for parking;
- Keyless access;
- on-board computer;
- remote opening of the luggage compartment;
- external mirrors with electric adjustment and the possibility of folding in parking lots;
- LED optics;
- four airbags.
For front-drive transmission as an optionIt is possible to install a robotic 7-band DSG box. This hatchback "Volkswagen Polo" -automatic machine is equipped with the most powerful power units.
The Polo small car has a long periodproduction and wide distribution. Therefore, based on the operational experience of cars, tests conducted by various expert publications, as well as other information, including feedback on the hatchback Volkswagen Polo, we can note the following main advantages common to all generations of the model:
- good dynamic characteristics;
- reliable and confident suspension work;
- low operating costs;
- good handling and maneuverability;
- quality ergonomic properties for the driver;
- high overall reliability;
- large luggage compartment (for hatchbacks and station wagons);
- recognizable appearance.
In addition, various types of hatchback "Volkswagen Polo" are noted.
There are also the following shortcomings, which are present in the subcompact: low ground clearance; insufficient noise insulation, weak light of the head optics.
Compact car-hatchback"Volkswagen Polo" is a high-quality budget model, which is widely used due to reliable design, good technical characteristics and economical operation.