Methods of strategic analysis of the modern company and their significance
Large Western European companies arean example of how a competent marketing company directly influences the success of expanding the sales markets for manufactured goods and services, as well as diversification of production, if necessary. Methods of strategic analysis in such a company are used constantly, because thanks to them, the subject of economic activity can objectively assess the market of the assortment of goods under study and its saturation with specific products. In addition, there is an opportunity to analyze the activities of competitors and find new market sectors in which you can introduce your products.
Strategic analysis is the main elementplanning, acting as a tool for strategic management, with the help of it you can objectively evaluate the company's activities and identify those areas in which it is most profitable to invest financial resources. Methods of strategic analysis were formed in the early 1970s, marking the beginning of a new era of doing business on the basis of searching for and identifying the needs of the population, gradually abandoning the principles of a global supply of goods and services. By that time, some segments of the market were excessively saturated with goods and services, while others were on the contrary experiencing an acute shortage. In addition, there was also an imprint of rapid progress and the introduction of computer technology, which required the creation of new approaches to work, as well as identifying new ways of promoting services.
The strategic analysis of the enterprise includes several vectors, the main of which are as follows:
1. The growth vector that determines the scale and level of activity of future production. The main component of this guide is the expansion of the market and the creation of a new product range. Methods of strategic analysis include a plan-matrix, which consists of the following factors:
- penetration of the market (new products, low prices, shares, absorption of competitors and so on);
- search for new market segments;
- creation of new goods and services;
- Diversification of production (development of new types of goods, as well as the spread of economic activity to new areas).
2. Competitive advantage is the most important vector of strategic analysis, which includes the analysis of existing and potential competitors, as well as the identification of their advantages and disadvantages. In this regard, the firm makes a thorough analysis of the advantages that the enterprise can use to achieve the set goals and objectives. Methods of strategic planning necessarily include minimization of costs, early entry to the market, as well as differentiation of goods and services. To accomplish this task, the marketing department of the enterprise develops the main strategy, drawing it up in the form of a long-term plan with a breakdown by specific dates for the implementation of certain activities.
It should be emphasized that bettingit is unprofitable for the development of new products, since the leader positions of the inventive company are rapidly weakening, and the competitors try to immediately copy this product and produce its analogues, quickly saturating the population that arose in this need.
3. Synergy or effect 2 + 2 = 5. Quite an interesting phenomenon, which was noticed by marketers for a long time. Its essence lies in the fact that as a result of the joint use of labor resources, its income exceeds the figure that could be achieved by each of them separately. In other words, as a result of the interaction of several factors of production, the overall result is increased several times. However, one should also take into account the fact that synergism can be not only positive but also negative. An example is the situation when a company enters the highly competitive industries without having sufficient experience in this field.
4. Flexibility in the implementation of the strategic plan, which is an important moment in the modern business. Today, information technologies are so rapidly introduced into the business sphere that for the successful operation of any company, it is necessary to correct their goals and tasks in time, bringing to the forefront the most important of them.
In addition to the techniques, speciesstrategic analysis, which allows the most complete collection of all the necessary information about goods, services, demand, supply, consumers, competitors and so on.
So, the main types of strategic analysis include the following:
- STEP analysis (or PEST analysis). It is a search for information regarding the external environment, you can find out how it affects the final promotion of goods and services. Here, the social, economic, political and technological environment undergoes analysis in the country where a new assortment of goods is planned to be introduced.
- Analysis of competitors.
- Analysis of organizational culture.
- Analysis of the current strategy.
- Analysis of the business portfolio.
In conclusion, I would like to emphasize once again thatonly a competent marketing strategy makes it possible to succeed when promoting goods and services in the economic market, since right now the chosen approach is the main factor of success, and the methods of strategic analysis play an important role here.