Organization structure is the basis of its success
One of the definitions is that the structureorganization is a complex of internal stable links between elements that ensure the integrity of the system and identity to itself. These two properties give rise to an organization-specific behavior and a qualitative state at each particular moment. To put it more clearly, the structure of an organization is the principles that underlie its production activities, management, and structure. It is the structure that determines the number and role of units, their relationship, "Table of Ranks," the interaction model.
Define the architectonics of the enterprise or anyorganizations senior managers taking into account the opinion of the middle and lower management teams. The ideal structure is that which allows an enterprise to exist for a long time in the market. This is possible only when the configuration fully meets the general task, and the enterprise successfully interacts with the environment, takes into account external and internal factors, allows rational use of raw materials and labor of people. The structure of the organization of the enterprise can be different. Usually the device is different:
- The complexity of the configuration and the degree of separation of the process into separate functions or units.
- The degree of formalization, ie, pre-determined conditions for the implementation of rules and procedures.
- The number of levels at which decisions are made. Some enterprises may be centralized, others - less or very decentralized.
For the successful operation of the enterprise it is necessary to remember that the structure of the organization is a combination of three most important factors:
- Interrelations between all workers.
- Powers of employees, their functional duties.
- Management methods and policies, which adheres to the leadership.
Structure of the organization system: types and features
Organizational structures can only be of two types:
1.The formal structure of an organization is a system strictly defined by management. It implies the official unification and division of people into departments, workshops, groups, etc. It also formally establishes the rules of interaction, working relations, the type of communication.
2. Informal organization is a structure that arises regardless of management. Example: a group of friends from different parts of the enterprise.
Both types always take place in any organization.However, if the former is subject to strict regulations, serves only to achieve the goals, the second with such goals usually involves little.
The subtleties of building an organizational structure
The structure of the organization must necessarily take into account:
- Specialization of the enterprise, division of labor.
- Differentiation and integration.
- Number of units, communication between them.
- Rights, duties, responsibility of each employee ("herringbone" or "matryoshka").
Ultimately, it is from the correct organization of the organization that its competitiveness depends.