A bow on a feather. Growing onions on a feather in a greenhouse
It is difficult to find someone who does not likegreen onions. People are so used to this ordinary vegetable, which grows almost everyone in the garden and is present in the kitchen of any hostess, that they take it for granted.
Only in winter, when the abundance of greenery disappears withour tables, and the body suffers from the lack of vitamins, we give it its due. After all, the bow is green, the feather of which reminds us at this time of the year about spring, strengthens immunity, protecting against colds, and improves the general condition of the body.
Useful properties of green onions
The curative properties of this plant are widely known all over the world, and the grown onion on the pen is more useful than the onion.
Due to the huge amount of phytoncids that form in it, onions are considered a No. 1 remedy in the fight against many infections and pathogens.
Since green onions contain iron, salads from it are good for raising hemoglobin. Onions are rich in potassium, which makes it possible to maintain the heart and strengthen the walls of the vessels.
Green onions contain vitamins C, A, essential oils and B vitamins.
That is why its regular use provides a high level of useful substances, so necessary for the human body.
Types of onions
Cultivation of onions on a pen is very popular. For this, the following types are best suited:
- A leek, called still pearly.There are no bulbs, but there is a thick enough whitish stalk, which is the most delicious part of it. Wide leaves also have a pleasant delicate taste. Feathers are a bit like garlic. The yield of this species is 20 kg / 10 m2.
- Onion-batun, which has other names - sandy,Tatar and dutch. He also does not have a bulb, but compared to other types of onions, he contains twice as many useful vitamins and trace elements. Onions for perennial varieties of this species can be cut up to three times during the vegetative period, and in annuals - once. Productivity with 10 m2 reaches 20-30 kg.
- Shallot. This onion in terms of the quantity and taste of the green feather is superior to the onion, while it is completely unpretentious in growing, but its yield is up to 40 kg / 10 m2.
- Schnitt-onion, or chopping.The value of this species lies in the fact that the feathers of a narrow form reach a length of half a meter. They are very fragrant and for a long time remain tender, and the yield on average is 20 kg / 10 m2.
- Bow slizun.Probably, it is the most delicious kind of onion, which has a weak aftertaste and the smell of garlic, with delicate broad leaves. In addition, in comparison with other species, it contains significantly more vitamin C and iron. In greenhouses grows well throughout the year, and in the open ground stops growing only with the onset of severe cold. Fast-ripening and very frost-resistant, and also having a high yield.
- The onion is multi-tier, better known as Egyptian or Canadian. This species has the highest frost resistance, does not freeze even in severe winter, does not require any special care.
The most popular varieties that give a great harvest and allow to get a great bow on a pen are Troitsky, Amber, Spassky, Arzamas, Black Prince and Bessonovsky.
Advantages of growing
Variety of species, palatability and usefulproperties contribute to the fact that growing onions on a feather becomes a mass phenomenon. After all, why not provide yourself with a delicious vegetable and a reliable protector against cold, growing it not only in the garden, but also in a greenhouse or just on your windowsill, having at hand this storehouse of vitamins all year round.
Planting a bow-pen at home with smallin portions, namely in a conveyor way, you will constantly have fresh fragrant greens to the table and recharge your body with useful substances and vitamins.
How to do it, probably, knows every hostess,even inexperienced. It is only necessary to put the bulbs in a tray and pour the water so that it covers the roots, and periodically, as it evaporates, pour it. Alternatively, fill a small container with a third of the earth and put bulbs in it.
If you are interested not only inprovide a bow, and, for example, to organize a profitable family business, which brings a constant income, it is worth starting to grow onions on a pen in a greenhouse. This can be done from October to April. And then from May to September to grow in the garden.
Despite the fact that the onions are of different types, the way of cultivation for them is completely the same.
For planting take a multi-header onions,bulbs whose diameter should not be more than 4 cm. They can be planted in the open ground either in the autumn, before the first frosts, or in the early spring, as soon as the snow completely comes off.
Pre-bulbs should be soaked for a day in water slightly above room temperature. And then cut off the top with them using a conventional pruner.
This is done in order to the middle of the bulboxygen got in, and the onion for tossing the feather went into growth. Thanks to this, the whole process of growing is much faster, and the yield compared to the usual increases by 50-70%.
In addition, you need to remove the bulbs from the bulb andsort them by size. Such sorting is done because the terms of pasture pasture in bulbs of different sizes differ. That is why to get a full crop you need to select the most suitable planting material of the same size.
Methods of cultivation
- Bridge way. The bulbs are densely laid to each other, the roots are then dropped downwards, the top is covered with a layer of earth about 3 cm thick. Usually 1 m2 The area takes about 15 kg of onions.When planting occurs during the winter, then another layer of manure or humus is made on top of about 6 cm thick. With the arrival of spring, this layer is removed and a frame with a film is placed over the bed.
- Ribbon method.In this case, the garden is divided into rows with an interval of 15-20 cm, and the bulbs are planted there every 3-4 cm. Then the beds are leveled. For winter hide, as in the previous method.
Growing from seeds in open ground
Onions are grown not only on the way of planting bulbs. You can also use seeds for this.
This method, although more time-consuming, but very cheap. Especially if you take the seeds of those species of onions that are considered to be perennial. As the seeds of onion-turnip are much more expensive than them.
It is important to use those that are not more than two years old.And it is even better to take young seeds. In addition, it is necessary to check their germination - it should be at least 80%. To do this, take 20 seeds and put them on a wet cloth. By the number of those who have emerged immediately it becomes clear what their quality is.
When determined with germination, the seeds needhandle. First they are soaked in warm water for a day, changing it for this time 3 times. Then the water is drained, and the seeds are placed for half an hour in a weak solution of manganese.
After this, one more procedure should be done -in a glass of water, dilute two drops of the drug "Epin-Extra" and place the seeds in this solution for 15-18 hours. This treatment in the future will not allow the development of various fungal diseases and will ensure a good harvest.
If you want to have a fresh fragrantgreens, then it is recommended to sow onion seeds on the beds in the middle of summer. The main condition - the soil for planting should be well-loosened and fertilized. To do this, it is mixed with humus and superphosphate (30 g), potassium chloride (15 g), urea (15 g) and wood ash (200 g) are added to a conventional bucket of this mixture.
The loosened bed should be leveled and slightly tamped. Then, several shallow rows should be made 30 cm apart and the seeds planted completely.
After they sprout and they will appear onone strengthened leaf, they should be weeded, namely, between shoots, leave about 5 cm. By the end of autumn, feathers will reach about 20 cm in length. For the winter, the bed must necessarily be covered with peat or straw.
Growing seedlings from seed
Also from the seeds you can grow seedlings.Onion, grown from seedlings, yields a good harvest, and grows much faster. Seeds for seedlings should be planted 2 months before the proposed landing in the open ground.
Pre-soak the seeds in a warmwater and leave so to stand for a day, then you have to drain the water, and put the seeds on a damp cloth. In this form, hold for two more days, moistening the tissue as it dries.
Then you need to prepare containers with soil. Suitable is the same composition that was used when planting seeds in the open ground.
In the containers pour soil, make groovesdepth of 1 cm and a small distance (0.5 cm) planted seeds. The earth is moistened with a sprayer, covered with a plastic wrap and put the containers in a dark, sufficiently warm place.
When the first feathers appear on the shoots (3-4 pieces), they can already be transplanted into the open ground.
Onions are fairly frost-resistant. If the seedlings are grown on the eve of spring, then in April it can already be planted on the beds, without fear of spring frosts that may occur at this time of the year.
Basic rules of care
Cultivation of onion-feather does not require special conditions and special care, but still, in order to get a good harvest, do not neglect the basic rules:
- Young shoots need to be watered often enough.
- Weeds should be disposed of immediately, as they can shade the shoots, and the soil, if necessary, is loosened to provide oxygen access to the root system.
- Periodically, fertilizing should be done. They are poured between the rows, and then covered with a little ground.
Growing onions in a greenhouse
In the period from late October to early April, it is best to grow onions on a feather in a greenhouse.
For planting take one-year or two-year onion-samples. Landing is carried out only in a bridge way.
Bulbs pre-day soaked in warm water, and then densely laid in the soil. If the tops of their circumcised, then in the greenhouse there is no need to add something to them.
A good harvest can be achieved ifplant bulbs in special containers, filled with peat, humus or compost for one third. After planting, they are sprinkled with a thin layer of soil. When the area of the greenhouse is small, such containers can be placed on racks, which will give a greater yield of finished products.
Half a month after the onion was planted on the pen of the pen, the temperature in the greenhouse should not be maintained above +20 ° C.
It should also be noted that for the entire growing season, the onion should be watered at least five times. And remember - the use of chemicals is strictly prohibited!
Collection of the pen can begin when it reaches a length of 30-40 cm.
In the article various ways of cultivationbow on the feather. Whichever way and in what conditions the bow on the pen is grown, the main thing is to observe the main recommendations and rules of care, then the reward for the laborious work will be a good harvest of this useful and irreplaceable plant.