Hungarian snack "Uncle Vanya": recipe for cooking, ingredients
On the shelves of shops there are variousdelicacies, which in ordinary life to do independently or very difficult, or impossible. With the growth of urbanization, people began to abandon such occupation as conservation. Many are making blanks so far, especially those who have a country house or a summer residence. But ordinary urban residents prefer to buy in stores. A new brand of canned food - "Uncle Vanya" - has become very popular. All products are incredibly tasty, so women begin to look for a prescription for preparations to please their loved ones with a delicious homemade delicacy. One of them is Hungarian snack "Uncle Vanya", the recipe of which will be presented below.
If you carefully read the composition of the snack, then we can conclude that this is nothing more than an ordinary Russian lecho. A loud name adds to the demand, so they buy it more often.
Before you cook a Hungarian snack on a prescription"Uncle Vanya", you need to read the composition on the jar. And although the manufacturer is one, in different regions the product can be different. The classic recipe assumes the obligatory presence of Bulgarian peppers, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, onions and auxiliary additives. What to look for when selecting components, will be discussed in the next paragraph.
How to choose products?
First, decide for yourself how many snacksshould end up in the end. This will determine the number of products. The article will give a recipe for the Hungarian snack "Uncle Vanya" with minimal proportions, so if desired, they can be increased several times.
Secondly, the number of all ingredients shouldbe approximately equal. If you send more tomatoes to the stock, the consistency will be different from the store product. Also, with a large amount of pepper or carrots, taste and appearance will change.
Third, do not forget about the quality. All components must be strong and ripe. Tomatoes are not the first freshness is better left to tomato juice. Give preference to either juicy vegetables, or ripe and fleshy. The unripened fruits should be put aside, although in small amounts they also fit.
To prepare Hungarian snacks for the winter, you need to take:
- Carrots - 0,5 kg;
- Tomatoes - 3 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 kg;
- Onion - 2 pieces;
- Garlic - 4-5 denticles;
- Sunflower oil - 5 tbsp. l .;
- Salt, pepper - to taste;
- Sugar - 150 g;
- Vinegar 9% - 2 tbsp. l.
If desired, you can add more sugar, depending on the desired result. Many like snacks with sourish, so this is added at a minimum.
Bulgarian pepper is a part of the Hungariansnacks "Uncle Vanya" not only for giving a taste, but also as an ornament. Therefore, it is better if all the vegetables are multi-colored, then in the jars "lecho" will become very beautiful.
The list indicates that vinegar should be 9%, butfor lack of just such, apple or other fragrant is quite suitable. If the product is normal, but with a smaller percentage, you need to add a little more, but not too much, otherwise the appetizer will be spoiled.
Onions and garlic are vegetables that can notspoil any recipe for conservation for the winter, so if you add not 5, but 6 denticles (or more), you get spicier. But the main thing is not to overdo it.
- We prepare the main ingredients:tomatoes, carrots, bell peppers. All tomatoes should be boiled, get rid of the skins. This action will help to make the consistency of the future snack more gentle and homogeneous. Slice them into slices. You can not be sharpened, because in the process of cooking, they will still lose shape.
- Carrots to clean, rub on a conventional grater.There are also no precise instructions, so you can crush it very finely or as for a salad "carrots in Korean." Pepper to wash, clean the inside, cut into strips or cubes, to taste.
- Take a suitably sized container. Put the tomatoes, pour a little water. The specified amount will be enough half a glass. Boil until the contents boil.
- Put the prepared carrot and pepper, stir, cook for about 5-10 minutes. Take care that the mass does not start to burn, stir constantly.
- Peel the onion and garlic and chop it.For the first, threading with rings and half rings is suitable, but if you do not like large pieces, you can crumble finely. The same recommendations apply to the second product. Then send everything to the tomatoes.
- Season the mass with salt, sugar and other spices to taste. Pour in the sunflower oil, and cook the snack for about 10 minutes, so that it starts to flip a little.
- Add the vinegar, mix everything well, boil a couple of minutes and turn it off.
That's the whole recipe of the Hungarian snack "Uncle Vanya". It remains to decompose the mass of previously prepared sterilized jars, roll up and put it in a secluded place to cool.
Many housewives experiment and decorate the classic snack with additional ingredients. The best variations are described below.
With hot peppers
The composition of the main course will not be changed, butit will need to add the specified ingredient. It is not necessary to put much: the amount of vegetables in the recipe is sufficient for one small pod. If you really like sharp snacks, you can put a little more. This recipe for winter conservation is very good for kebab lovers. The sharpness will warm, and the fragrant vegetables will decorate the meat. Excellent replace the shop ketchup.
With bean pods
For sure gardener often do not know where to putyoung shoots of beans. And here is a worthy application. They will perfectly decorate the "lecho", soaked with the juice of tomatoes. It is important that the beans do not have time to mature until the end, otherwise it will be tough and spoil the whole dish.
The pods are well rinsed, peeled and cut into slices 2-3 cm. Add together with all the vegetables. Make sure they cook well.
How to make a Hungarian snack "Uncle Vanya" even tastier? Follow the tips below! Here are the nuances of experienced housewives, which help to add a missing dish to the dish.
- As you know, sunflower oil can be of two types: with and without odor. To give preference to a refined, non-aromatic, then the dish will be much more pleasant.
- To simplify the process of preparing "lecho"Tomatoes can be ground with a blender, without removing the peel. This will save considerable time, and the consistency will be very gentle. Only this option is more "Russian", because the Hungarians are accustomed to cutting vegetables with pieces.
- Prepare dainties for preservation is better in a special metal container, with a thick bottom. It is necessary to ensure that the contents do not burn.
- Greens are never superfluous, so if you really want to put a little parsley or dill, do not deny yourself such pleasure. This dish can not be spoiled, just decorate.
Not all conservationists have a basement for storage of jars, so they are looking for ways to save them in the apartment.
Almost all the high-rise buildings have balconies,so you can exhibit conservation there. However, first you need to equip the place. To protect the blanks from frost, lay the shelves (the whole cabinet, etc.) with foam plastic. It keeps the internal temperature and does not let the cold air pass. If it is not possible to purchase the material, cover the jars with a few warm blankets.
In the apartment itself you can store only those snacks that contain vinegar. To allocate a place for preservation it is possible in the far cabinet of kitchen or in other secluded corner.