Which products contain copper? Top foods with copper content
As you know, copper is irreplaceablea microelement that provides a fairly large number of physiological processes taking place in the body. Having a properly composed diet, which includes all the minerals and vitamins necessary for the body, you can not resort to the use of food additives. Of course, for this it is necessary to have an idea of what products contain copper. In this article we will tell you about this.
Popular products containing copper in its composition
You can name a huge number of food products containing copper. To begin with, we list the most popular products, rich in copper:
- Liver. Incredibly useful for eating,contains a large amount of the substance we need. A huge plus is the fact that this applies not only to pork or beef liver. This also applies to the liver of cod. The daily rate of copper for the body, necessary to maintain the quality work of all organs, contains only a small piece of product, the weight of which is about 100-150 grams.
- Groats. Copper is found in products related to cereals: in cereals, in coarse flour. In general, absolutely any cereal includes this trace element. Also to products rich in copper, include pumpkin or sunflower seeds, sesame. But most of all this trace element in sprouted wheat.
- Vegetables and fruits. People who are seriously interested in the question ofwhat products contain copper, in any case should not lose sight of its sources such as fruits and vegetables. Despite the fact that not all of them are a rich source of copper, fruits such as apples, tomatoes, cucumbers and beets should not be ignored.
Copper in foods that we rarely eat
- Seafood. All of us have known since the school age that there are a lot of mineral substances in the sea water. And copper is no exception. Due to this, the inhabitants of the seas and oceans also refer to the copper-rich foodstuffs of man. But the priority in the ratio of the amount of active copper to the body mass of the object are such creatures as oysters, shrimps, as well as squid and lobsters. In view of the substantial difference in the price categories of products containing copper, seafood is excluded from the diet by many residents of Russia because of their high cost.
- Nuts and beans. Nuts contain a large enoughthe amount of active microelement, about which today we are talking. However, they are a very high-calorie product, the absorption of which in large quantities can lead to undesirable results, in particular, to a set of excess weight. Therefore, nuts can be left as an additional option to replenish the stock of copper in the body. But the use of peas or beans much better affect your body, if your goal is to replenish the missing stock of copper with the help of legumes.
- Cocoa. Today, this wonderful product for some reason has remained undervalued. Products containing copper - it's like cocoa itself, and produced from it chocolate, chocolate pastes, etc.
- Yeast. Naturally, just using yeast for food is a problematic process. But this containing some of the B vitamins, as well as the very copper substance not to eat, would be an incredible omission. Probably, the prospect of adding yeast to kvass or pastries will please you the same way as the opportunity for beer lovers to find an excuse for their predilection. However, in spite of such a favor of yeast, do not take too much interest in them, since they contain substances that negatively affect the human body.
Do not limit your diet to the use of any one of the above products. It is better to restore the lack of copper in the body, using all these groups.
However, it is also important to know what exactly the excess and the lack of copper are dangerous for the body and how they manifest themselves.
Reasons for lack of copper
In adults, such a complication is rare, but for children, especially those born prematurely, the deficiency of this trace element can be disastrous.
The main reasons for lack of copper are:
- hereditary shortage of specialized enzymes;
- feeding of children under the age of one year, cow's milk;
- lack of protein.
Symptoms of lack of copper
Symptoms of lack of copper include:
- hair loss;
- occurrence of a rash;
- violation of color pigmentation of the skin.
If a person has some of thethe above mentioned signs, it is recommended immediately to increase the amount of a microelement entering the body called copper. In food, their properties need to learn to understand. What do you need to remember? First of all, what products contain copper. And if possible, use them in a significant amount.
Consequences of prolonged lack of copper in the body
If we postpone the issue of eliminating shortage of copper in a long box, the consequences can be as follows:
- diseases of the immune system;
- development of atherosclerosis;
- the occurrence of early osteoporosis;
- development of various pulmonary diseases;
- the occurrence of vascular disorders;
- development of various hereditary diseases.
Causes of excess copper in the body
In some cases, certain diseases can affect the increase in the level of copper in the body. These include:
- various kidney diseases;
- chronic bronchial diseases;
- myocardial infarction;
- mental illness (schizophrenia and others);
- the impact of a large amount of alcohol on the body.
Anyway, do not allow the appearance of excess copper in the body.
Daily rate of copper
The body of an average person experiences, on average, the following need for copper:
- For adults - 1-2 mg / day.
- For nursing and pregnant women - 2-3 mg / day.
- For children from one to three years - 1 mg / day.
- For children from 4 to 6 years - 1.5 mg / day.
- For children from 7 to 12 years - 2 mg / day.
- For children from 12 to 18 years - 2.5 mg / day.
The exception are adults with lowimmunity, suffering from various inflammatory diseases, as well as having excessive physical stress on the body, consuming a significant amount of alcohol or smoking. Such adults should be aware of the products in which there is a lot of copper, and choose a diet, focusing on them.
So, you found out which products containcopper, and now you can adjust your diet so that it includes the required amount of this trace element. In conclusion, it should be said that such an important trace element, like copper, is involved in various processes in the body. However, the main role of copper is to participate in the process of hematopoiesis. Without it, this process is not possible to continue. Consequently, the lack of copper will affect not only your appearance, but also on such much more important indicators as well-being and health.
Based on all of the above, we can estimatethe importance of having the right amount of copper in the body and decide whether you need to change your diet. And if so, this article, in detail told you about the products in which copper is contained, will help you in this.