Choreographer - what is this profession? Choreographer: history of the profession, pros and cons
It does not matter who performs a certain dancework, dance movements must be performed in a coordinated manner. Choreographers work with dancers to polish the dance, to give it a logical completeness. In this article we will try to answer the questions: who is the choreographer? Choreographer - description of the profession, its pros and cons?
The history of the profession
Dance refers to manifestations of people's creativity.He can have differences in movement, tempo-rhythm, costumes. In the old days, dances also differed according to estates. A simple people after a busy day of rest, dancing dancing with dances. Representatives of noble estates, to brighten up their leisure, invited dancers.
The history of the choreographer's profession says that sheappeared in the twelfth century. In this time period, court dances became fashionable, in which a large number of couples of dancers took part. The public opinion could be influenced by the fact how beautifully and harmoniously spinning in the dance its performers.
The main task of the choreographers of that time was to train the representatives of the nobility in basic dance movements, as well as manners during the dance.
Choreography is the art of dance.If we take into account the translation of this word from the Greek (dance, I describe), then it can be deciphered as a record of the movements of the dance with the help of special allegories. The development of these movements and the creation on their basis of an integral work is the main professional responsibility of the choreographer.
The profession of a choreographer (the pros and cons of people's work,who have stopped on her choice, will be covered later in this article) implies the production not only of dances, but also concert numbers, ballet performances. The main task of the choreographer is to create a dance composition filled with beauty and uniqueness.
A representative of this profession distributes betweendancers specific images designed to be embodied in dance, taking into account the abilities and character of each member of the dance collective. He carries out selection of musical accompaniment and costumes.
Also, the choreographer is responsible for the technique of performing dance movements. He must have the ability to create a dance based not only on his ideas, but also on the best practices of his colleagues.
The profession of the choreographer unites in one person: dancers who are proficient in the art of dance, gurus of all kinds of art, and also recognized intellectuals.
Types and scope of activities
The main types of work of choreographers are:
- Preparation of the script of the dance, participation in its discussion before approval.
- Performing casting dancers.
- Selection of music, costumes, scenery.
- Coordinate their work with people who are directly involved in the process of implementing the dance scenario.
- Participation in the show of dancers, groups and one by one.
- Visit rehearsals, performances of dance groups in front of the audience.
- Performing dance lessons
The profession of the choreographer has a certain specificity. In all genres, regardless of the number of dancers, each individual team is directed by one choreographer. With such competition, to achieve success and fame, specialists in the field of choreography need to have a creative and original approach to translating their ideas.
Choreographer, in order to take place in the chosen profession, must have a set of certain personal qualities:
- He must perfectly know the theory of dance art, he must be a professional dancer himself.
- It is important that a representative of this profession be endowed with excellent organizational skills.
- This person should be communicative, be able to create and maintain contacts not only with dancers, but also with a large number of people with whom he communicates due to the specifics of his work.
- The choreographer needs to be able to analyze and use the experience of his colleagues in his work, decorating it with his own interpretation.
- The profession of the choreographer obliges us to feel the world of art, to feel the rhythm and understand the music.
Advantages of this profession
The pros of the choreographer's profession include certain aspects:
- The scope of the choreographer provides himPossibilities to get acquainted with creative personalities of interest. A dancer of the highest level can work in any country of the world, even without knowing the languages.
- Continuous motivation and implementation of new ideas. The profession of a choreographer is devoid of boredom and routine.
- Stay in perfect physical shape. The specifics of the work does not allow professional dancers to gain extra pounds.
- The opportunity to see new countries.
- The prospect of opening your own school.
Disadvantages of the profession
About the profession of the choreographer, we can say that, along with the advantages, it also has certain drawbacks.
- Representatives of this profession are not insured against various injuries.
- Everyday performances and rehearsals can exhaust the choreographer's energy and energy reserves.
- It is difficult to be in demand in this profession after 35 years. Sometimes this circumstance leads to feelings and depressions.
- Choreographers often devote all their free time to work, and this is fraught with problems in their personal lives.
Tips for those who decided to link their lives with choreography
To become a choreographer, you need to finishnine or eleven classes of a comprehensive school, to receive a certificate of the school of arts in the class of choreography. Applicants who were members of the dance group or simply do not represent their life without dancing, the profession of a choreographer can also submit.
You should carefully prepare for admission. Particular attention should be paid to classical dance in order to demonstrate to the selection committee the possession of his technique and his musicality.
To be able to reveal your creative range,it is necessary to perfect the skill of performing folk, historical and other dances, because the examining committee can offer images of movements, sketches and combinations from different dance directions.
In certain educational institutions, an interview is also required. To successfully pass it, you need to have good information about art, literature and the history of choreography.
The amazing and interesting profession of the choreographer opens a lot of prospects for those who have mastered its subtleties in perfection.