Work as an administrator in the hotel: main features
The work of an administrator at a hotel is very popular among those who do not have higher education, but want to earn a decent salary.
Requirements for personal qualities
The job description assumes that the work of an administrator at a hotel requires the candidate to have the following qualities.
- The main task of the administrator is to provideideal conditions for the client. Therefore, the candidate must be sociable, hospitable, affable, mentally stable. The work of an administrator at a hotel assumes that the person occupying this position should always arrive in a good mood, regardless of his state of mind. The administrator should be able to listen carefully, have a good memory and speak competently.
- The administrator's tasks include providingnormal hotel operation, customer satisfaction, cleanliness. He is responsible for the work of the staff, the schedule of his work. To be in time to do everything qualitatively and on time, the candidate for the position must be physically hardy.
- The work of an administrator in a hotel is, among other things, the resolution of conflict situations. Therefore, the specialist must understand the psychology of clients.
- The person who is the face of the hotel must be neat, visually attractive, charming.
- The administrator is not only a middle manager, but also a subordinate. Therefore, his work involves executive, restraint, self-organization, responsibility and commitment.
- The schedule of the hotel administrator's work presupposes (most often) a non-standard working day. Therefore, a specialist must build his life in accordance with the schedule of work.
There is an official instruction that fully describes the requirements for this post, terms of reference.
The specialist should know the requirementsstate to the service of guests, the content of the rooms. He must be able to provide first aid, to know the basics of the economy, legislative acts (state and local), labor protection rules. Working as an administrator in a hotel in Moscow or in another large city assumes the knowledge of foreign languages: after all, this specialist is the most often communicating with guests. The post also assumes knowledge of the workflow. In addition, the administrator should be responsible for the order in the hotel, solve all complex situations, take independent measures to improve the work of the hotel and inform the management about the state of the business. The profession of the administrator is a difficult, hard, but very exciting work that allows you to make the necessary acquaintances in a certain environment.