How to remove Skype: Instruction
Skype is one of the most popular instant messengers andprograms for making video calls over the Internet. If you decide for some reason to get rid of the Skype application on the computer or from the account itself, this instruction will help you in this. Let's figure out how to remove Skype in many ways.
If you no longer use this program, then you can delete it like this:
- through standard operating system tools;
- with the help of third-party programs;
- delete the account.
Let's consider all variants in the form of step-by-step instructions.
The first way: uninstalling the application
If you use the Windows operating system, you can uninstall Skype using a standard utility.
To use it, simply follow the instructions given:
- Open "Control Panel" in any way - through the search box, through the shortcut in the Start menu, etc.
- Now set the type of view to "Category" and select the "Remove Programs" subsection.
- In the list of all installed utilities, find Skype and click on the PCM on the line.
- Now select "Delete" from the menu that appears.
- After that, the uninstallation procedure will start. You need to wait until the end of the process, as a result of which you will no longer see the Skype application on your computer.
The second option is to remove Skype via a third-partysoftware. Many use special programs to clean the computer of "garbage". For example, CCleaner, through which the user can clear the registry, cache, browser history and remove unnecessary programs. To use this method, perform step-by-step actions:
- Run the CCleaner program.
- Go to the "Tools" tab in the left side menu.
- Now open the "Remove Programs" subsection.
- Find the list of installed Skype software and click on the "Uninstall" button.
Deleting through the directory
The last way is to run the uninstallation file, which is located in the folder with the "Skype" installed. If you do not know the path to the program, do the following:
- Click on the PCM on the application shortcut and open the "Properties".
- In the "General" tab, find the line "Working folder" - it is where all the program files are stored.
- Navigate to this folder using Explorer.
- Find the file to uninstall the program and run it.
- Wait until the end of the procedure.
Now you know how to remove Skype from your computer. These methods can come in handy if you decide to switch to another program or the Skype application has stopped working.
How to remove Skype on Windows 10?
In the operating system Windows 10 by defaultinstalled proprietary shell "Skype", which is different interface. You can also delete it using the methods described above. It's enough to find a line with the name "Skype" in the list of installed utilities and get rid of the application.
Now let's move on to the case when you needcompletely get rid of your account. Have you removed the application and will never use it now? Then you need to get rid of the account itself.
How to delete a Skype account?
You can do it through the official websiteapplication. Before you get rid of your account, it is recommended that you spend all funds on your account and be sure to turn off automatic balance replenishment. After these steps, follow the instructions provided:
- Open the browser and go to the official Microsoft website.
- Enter your login and password from your Skype account.
- Then a letter with a confirmation code will come to your mailbox. Check the mail for the letter, copy the code and paste it into the appropriate field on the Microsoft website.
- After authorization, the site will provide you with information regarding the deletion of the account. Be sure to read it. Then click on the "Next" button.
- On the next page, be sure to check each item, confirming that you have read all the conditions.
- At the end of the list, select the reason for deleting the account.
- Click the "Check for close" button.
- Done! After that, your account will be unavailable.
However, your profile will still be availableOther users when searching for accounts. The matter is that the administration blocks the account for 60 calendar days and only after that completely liquidates the account.
Now you know how to delete an accountSkype through the official developer site, as well as get rid of unnecessary applications. After 60 days from the date of filing an application for the destruction of your account, nothing will be associated with Skype!