How to open the Windows 7 Registry Editor: detailed instructions
On the Internet there is a huge amountInformation covering topics such as optimization, configuration, correction of errors Windows. Often in them, in addition to simple actions, information on changing parameters and keys of the system registry is provided. However, how to open the Registry Editor Windows 7, not always written. This article fully reveals this topic.
The registry is called the OS database. It contains information about users, equipment, software. Also, the registry stores absolutely all the settings of the operating system and installed applications. The structure of the register is hierarchical, that is, it is multilevel. With it, you can enable some hidden features of Windows.
Before giving the instruction, how to open the Windows 7 registry editor, it is worth saying that its backup copies are created once in ten days. In addition, you can create a backup inside the registry editor itself.
The database for the first time appeared in1992 in Windows 3.1. By modern standards, it took up only a little space on the hard drive. Despite this, the general structure of the registry almost did not evolve.
The easiest way
This method is suitable for any version of Windows, not only for the seventh. Click on the button that opens the "Start" menu.
It is located on the left side of the control panel.In the search bar, type regedit. After a few seconds, the required shortcut will appear at the top of the menu. After clicking on it, the Registry Editor opens.
The most popular way
This method is suitable even if the computer has been attacked by viruses, and the desktop and the lower panel have disappeared. How to open Registry Editor in Windows 7?
- Press Win + R. This will open the "Run" dialog. You can also open it by selecting the appropriate link in the Start menu.
- Insert the text regedit into the input line.
- Click the "OK" button.
How to open the Windows 7 Registry Editor using the built-in file manager?
- Double click on the "Computer" icon.
- In the window that opens, copy the following text C: Windowsregedit.exe into the address bar, and then click on the "Enter" button.
- Answer the question of the operating system about granting administrator rights to the utility in the affirmative.
You can follow the path manually, but thisapproach will not allow you to complete the task quickly. You do not need to use "Explorer" to complete this instruction. Absolutely any file manager.
If you frequently change the settings in the Registry Editor, it makes sense to create a shortcut on the desktop. After that, just double-click on the icon to open the Windows 7 registry editor.
- Expand the context menu by right-clicking on the free space on the screen.
- In the expanded menu, move the cursor to "New", and then click on the label "Label".
- In the "Object" line of the dialog that opens, type regedit and click "Next".
- Now specify the name that will be written under the new icon. You can enter any desired text here.
- To start the configuration utility, just double-click on the shortcut, then answer yes to the OS question.
Before opening the Windows 7 Registry Editor, learn all the possible information about whatwill edit the specific parameters in it. Some changes take effect immediately, others require a reboot. After an inadvertent editing of the settings, the operating system may start to crash, or even fail to load at all. Of course, modern operating systems have the means to restore their performance, but they do not always help with serious problems. In addition, it is unlikely that anyone will be pleased to lose time if after making changes to the settings of Windows or its components will stop running.