How to remove WPS Office from your computer:
Every Windows user is used to working withoffice suite from Microsoft, which includes many programs, but there are alternatives, one of which is WPS Office. In Linux, it is an alternative to the standard Libre Office package. In this article, we'll talk about how to remove WPS Office from your computer. We will discuss the instructions on how to do this in Windows and Linux.
Remove the standard WPS Office in Windows
If you previously downloaded and installed on your owncomputer WPS Office, and now decided to remove it, then now we will consider in detail the instruction how to remove WPS Office in Windows, if it was installed in the standard way.
So, for this we will use the standard utility that is available in every "Windos" distribution. It is called "Programs and components". First, open it. For this:
- Click the "Start" button.
- Go to "Control Panel".
- Change the display to "Large Icons". This is done in the upper right corner - you need to select the corresponding item from the drop-down list.
- Find the line "Programs and components" in the list and click on it.
Now the necessary utility is opened before you. It is quite easy to use. Now the instruction on how to remove WPS Office through "Programs and components" will be demonstrated.
- Look for all the lines in the list that have the abbreviation WPS.
- Select them one by one.
- Click the "Delete" button in the panel at the top of the list (or in the context menu of the right mouse button).
After that, the uninstaller will open, in which you need to follow the instructions to remove the program.
Remove Chinese WPS Office on Windows
We already dismantled how to remove WPS Office, if youit was installed on its own, however, the Chinese version of this software appeared on the Net recently, it spreads like a virus. The problem of this nature is fraught with the fact that, due to foreign origin, the uninstaller of the program is in a language that is far from being understood by the Chinese.
Now let's see how to remove the Chinese WPS Office. For this you need:
- Open the task manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC on the keyboard.
- Go to the "Processes" tab. If you do not have one, click the "Details" button at the bottom of the window to expand the full interface.
- Find all the WPS Office references in the processes and complete them.
- Open the "Programs and Features" utility, if you forgot how to do this, go back to the previous subtitle.
- Find and run the uninstaller of all WPS Office programs.
- In the uninstaller window, check the items shown in the image below and click the specified button.
After that, the Chinese WPS office will disappear from your computer.
Remove WPS Office on Linux
Now let's talk about how to remove WPS Office on Linux-based operating systems.
In general, the removal of the "UPU Office" is no different from the standard removal of programs in Linux, but for an inexperienced user this trivial task can be a problem.
In the article, we will discuss one method - removal with the help of the program manager.
- Start the program manager of the operating system by clicking on the appropriate icon in the OS menu or on the taskbar. You can also search the system.
- Go to the "Installed" tab.
- Find the Office program and click the "Delete" button.
Note that the uninstall process can take a long time, so you can safely minimize the program window and do your own thing.