How to reinstall Skype: better tips and tricks
Installation of most programs for PC does not causeno significant difficulties for users. Questions and problems appear when it comes to messengers. These utilities are used to communicate people and as programs for sharing files and documents. Sometimes you do not want to lose correspondence, contacts and information. Therefore, many people think how to reinstall Skype with the least loss. It is actually easier to do than it seems. Especially if you prepare in advance for the process.
Features of removal
Re-install "Skype" on the computer will not beno difficulty. Especially if an advanced user tries to do this. The reinstallation of the application has some features, everyone should know about.
- when reinstalling "Skype", the correspondence is deleted;
- the contact list remains intact;
- When Skype is completely deleted, data about logins used to log into the program are deleted;
- "black list" is not erased.
Nevertheless, you can keep correspondence in certain circumstances. How to do this will be described later.
Getting ready to remove
How do I reinstall Skype? That there were no problems with correspondence, it is recommended to create a backup copy of it. This will be done in just a few minutes.
To create a backup copy of Skype data, you need:
- Open the program and enter it under your login.
- Select Contacts - Advanced.
- Click on "Make a backup copy of contacts."
- Specify a location on the computer where to save the document.
- In this case, the contacts will be saved. The list can be downloaded into the program under any login.
Many of them, trying to figure out how to reinstall Skype, want to keep the correspondence. For this you need:
- Open the "Start".
- In the search bar, type% appdata% Skype.
- Transfer the folder with the username, under which the user works, in any convenient place.
This method allows you to save user data when you uninstall the application. Now you can get rid of the program.
How do I reinstall Skype? To reduce the likelihood of malfunctions and malfunctions in the program's performance to a minimum, it is better to completely remove it completely from the computer. Otherwise, the application can "stop working."
To uninstall Skype, you need:
- Close the program. To do this, in the tray, in the lower right corner of the screen, you need to click on the "Skype" icon and select the "Exit" function.
- Confirm the operation.
- Open "Start" - "Control Panel".
- Go to "Add or Remove Programs" - "Delete".
- Select in the Skype menu. Just click on the corresponding line.
- Click on the "Delete" button.
- Confirm the procedure.
- Open the% appdata% folder.
- Delete the file called Skype.
Now we can say with certainty that the studied application is removed from the computer. It's time to figure out how to reinstall Skype for free. What does that require?
There are only a few simple steps left. Reinstalling Skype does not require any special manipulations from the user. The main thing is to have an internet connection. Otherwise, it will not be possible to translate the idea into reality. The program does not pass the update procedure, which will lead to failures and malfunctions.
How do I reinstall Skype? The user will have to:
- Download the latest version of the corresponding program for this or that operating system. The required software can be found without problems on the official Skype page.
- Wait for the initializer to load.
- Close browsers.
- Run the downloaded file.
- Following the instructions of the installation wizard, start the process and wait for it to finish.
- After the completion of the procedure, enter the login and password to enter the corresponding windows.
Nothing more is needed. "Skype" in Russian and for any platform, as we already said, can be found on the page skype.com. This completes all necessary manipulations.
But it happens that during the installation of the programcontact lists are lost. Or there is a need to restore correspondence. In these situations, you will have to resort to using pre-made copies of the data.
Need to restore the list of contacts in Skype? Then guide will help:
- Find the Skype folder on your computer.
- Transfer a pre-made copy of contacts to the specified folder.
- Restart the program.
Usually this is enough. To restore the correspondence, as a rule, users simply replace the new Skype folder in Application Data with the one that was in the old version of the application. This will quickly return the user's data.
Recovery without copies
Sometimes users think about whether it is possible to return the correspondence without backup data. There is such a chance, but only a certain time.
Recovery of correspondence will only take place inIf, within 7 days after reinstalling Skype, the interlocutor will write a message or make a call. Otherwise, you can not do without a backup. Correspondence after reinstalling "Skype" is stored on the main server for a week, after which it is automatically deleted.