What is unemployment. Main types of unemployment
When part of the population who are able to work,They can not find a decent job, this is called unemployment. According to the ILO, those people who are unemployed are considered unemployed, but they try to find it and are ready to begin this work in a short time. And in other words, they are people who stand on the labor exchange. The number of unemployed people depends on some indicators - on economic growth, on the growth cycle, on labor productivity and on many other things. And such indicator, as payment of the unemployment benefit, is charged from the moment when a person officially registered at the labor exchange.
There are certain types of unemployment, whichlargely depend on the forced and voluntary desire not to work. That is, the forced look is when a person first turns to the service, he has a desire to work, and he seeks to find a suitable job with the help of the exchange. A voluntary form indicates a person who is offered a job, but he does not agree to work because of low pay or from other factors (for example, the place of work does not fit). Also, types of unemployment may be different. The strengthening of voluntary unemployment depends on the economic boom or, conversely, on the recession of the economic crisis.
There are the following types of unemployment:
- registered unemployment - a population that does not have a job and is formally admitted to the exchange;
- Marginal unemployment is mostly women, youth and disabled people;
- Unstable unemployment - is formed as a result of temporary phenomena. For example, if the employee voluntarily changed his place of work or was fired in places where seasonal work is being done.
- seasonal unemployment is when economic activity can fluctuate throughout the year;
- structural unemployment - is manifested when free places for work do not coincide with the qualifications of the unemployed person;
- technological unemployment - here part of the non-working population becomes superfluous or vice versa, organizations need more highly skilled workers.
Thus, the types of unemployment depend on manyfactors. And this factor is the payment of unemployment benefits. If a person who was fired for staff reduction, or the organization itself ceased to exist, then in this case, the payment is made in the amount of the average monthly salary from the previous work. There is such a thing as an unemployment benefit by agreement of the parties, when a person is dismissed without a specific reason. In this case, the amount of this person's allowance will be determined by the duration of the work, in a percentage ratio based on his average salary. The amount of the benefit can not exceed the amount of the maximum benefit.
But if a person first looks for a job and joins the exchange, or wants to work again after a long rest, or was fired for good reasons, then his benefits will be the minimum.
The payment of unemployment benefits is terminated in the following cases:
- if a person has found a suitable job;
- if a person is trained or upgraded in the direction of the exchange and paid a scholarship;
- if a person did not come to the employment agency for a month without a specific reason;
- if a person moved to another city;
- if a person has tried to receive an unemployment benefit by fraudulent means;
- if a person is in a place of deprivation of liberty;
- if a person is old and receives a pension for old age or for long service;
- if a person voluntarily refuses to receive benefits;
- If the person who received the allowance, has died.
Thus, the unemployment benefit has its own nuances and definitions. From the former place of work, on the opinion of the person himself and on his qualification, the amount of the allowance and the further place of work depends.