List of cities near Moscow by distance from Moscow, by population. The most ancient cities of the Moscow region and touristy attractive
In the Moscow region as of July 1, 2017 - 73 cities, of which:
- 14 city-district centers;
- 43 cities of regional subordination;
- 1 closed city - Krasnoznamensk;
- 12 cities of regional subordination, which are in the administrative subordination of the districts;
- 3 cities that are in the administrative subordination of the cities of regional subordination.
List of cities near Moscow by distance from Moscow
The list of the city is headed by Lyubertsy, Kotelniki andReutov, they are located 2 km from the capital, Dzerzhinsky and Khimki - 3 km, Krasnogorsk - 4, Vidnoye and Odintsovo - 5 km, Dolgoprudny - 6, Balashikha and Shcherbinka - 8 km, Mytishchi - 9 km, Jubilee - 10, Moscow - 11 km, Zheleznodorozhny, Lytkarino and Korolev - 12 km, Lobnya - 14 km, Domodedovo - 15 km, Podolsk - 16 km, Troitsk - 18 km, Ivanteyevka, Pushkino and Shchelkovo - 19 km, Dedovsk - 20 km, Zhukovsky, Staraya Kupavna and Elektrougli - 23 km, Klimovsk - 24 km, Aprelevka - 25 km, Fryazino - 27 km, Golitsino and Ramenskoe - 28 km, Krasnoznamensk and Losino, Petrovsky - 29 km, Istra - 36 km, Noginsk - 37 km, Krasnoarmeysk - 39 km, Bronnitsy and Zvenigorod - 41 km, Elektrostal - 42 km, Chernogolovka - 43 km, Solnechnogorsk - 44 km, Dmitrov, Yakhroma and Kubinka - 48 km, Chekhov - 50 km, Khotkovo - 53 km, Sergiev Posad - 55 km km, Naro-Fominsk - 57 km, Pavlovsky Posad - 59 km, Elektrogorsk - 64 km, Klin - 66 km, Peresvet - 71 km, Drezna - 72 km, Serpukhov - 73 km, Krasnozavodsk - 74 km, Voskresensk - 76 km, Vysokovsk and Orekhovo-Zuevo - 78 km, Kurovskoye - 79 km, Likino-Dulyovo - 86 km, Ruza - 87 km, Stupino - 88 km, Mozhaysk - 89 km, Kolomna - 91 km, Volokamsk - 94 km, Pushchino - 96 km , Dubna - 98 km, Vereya, Protvino, Kashira - 99 km, Yegoryevsk - 100 km, Necklace - 105 km, Taldom - 107 km, Lukhovitsy - 112 km, Ozery - 119 km, Zaraysk - 137 km, Shatura - 138 km. The most distant city of Roshal closes the list of cities near Moscow, its distance to Moscow is 147 km.
To the nearest Moscow region is the territoryMoscow region and the city of Moscow, located from the Moscow Ring Road at a distance of 40 km towards the region. What are the nearest cities in the suburbs of Moscow? The list is not large: Mytischi, Kotelniki, Lyubertsy, Lobnya, Zhukovsky, Podolsk, Odintsovo, Domodedovo, Khimki, Krasnogorsk, Dzerzhinsky, Balashikha, Reutov, Korolev, Pushkino and others. All these cities are known to almost every inhabitant of our country.
The largest cities of the Moscow region: a list of cities by population
The list of the 20 largest cities in the Moscow region in terms of the number of people living in them includes:
- Balashikha - 215 350 people;
- Khimki - 208 560 people;
- Podolsk - 187 960 people;
- Korolev - 183 400 people;
- Mytischi - 173 340 people;
- Lyubertsy - 171 980 people;
- Elektrostal - 155 370 people;
- Kolomna - 144,790 people;
- Odintsovo - 139,020 people;
- Railway - 132,230 people;
- Serpukhov - 126 500 people;
- Orekhovo-Zuevo - 121 110 people;
- Krasnogorsk - 116 740 people;
- Shchyolkovo - 108 060 people;
- Sergiev Posad - 105 840 people;
- Pushkino - 102 820 people;
- Zhukovsky - 102 790 people;
- Noginsk - 102,080 people;
- Ramenskoye - 101 200 people;
- The Wedge is 93,420.
The most ancient cities
In the era of ancient Rus (the period beforeTatar-Mongol invasion) on the territory of the modern metropolitan region there were about 17 ancient Russian cities. But only about 9 of them are mentioned in ancient written sources and only they kept their names and did not turn into dead cities. List of ancient cities of Moscow region: Moscow, Zaraysk (Sturgeon), Mozhaisk, Dmitrov, Volokolamsk, Dubna, Zvenigorod, Lobynsk, Kolomna.
Most of the cities of the ancient Moscow regionmentioned in the chronicles since the XII century. The very first mention of the city of Dubna - 1134, the second mentioned Volokolamsk - 1135 year. List of ancient cities of the Moscow region and the year of their first mention in the annals:
- Dubna - 1134;
- Volokolamsk - 1135;
- Moscow, Lobynsk - 1147;
- Dmitrov - 1154;
- Kolomna - 1177;
- Zaraysk (Sturgeon) - 1225;
- Mozhaisk -1231
Touristically attractive cities of Moscow region
1. Sergiev Posad.One of the main attractions and decoration of the city is the Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul. Also famous are the Ascension Church, Pyatnitskaya, Uspenskaya, Vvedenskaya, Ilyinskaya churches, ancient shopping arcades and a monastery hotel.
2. Wedge.Tourist interest is caused by the ancient church on the territory of the former Assumption Monastery, the Resurrection Church, shopping arcades, the Demyanovo Manor. In the village of Boblovo - Museum D.I. Mendeleev University.
3. The city of Kubinka. Invites guests to the famous military-historical armored museum.
4. The old Kupavna. Holy Trinity Church attracts many pilgrims.
5. Mozhaisk. The majestic earthen kremlin, the Yakimansky and Luzhetsky monasteries, the St. Nicholas Cathedral are all the sights of a small town.
The most favorable for the life of the city of Moscow region
Analytics of cities locatedat a distance of 30 km from the Moscow Ring Road. 21 criteria were taken into account when compiling the rating: infrastructure development, availability in purchasing housing, availability of jobs, quality of services provided to the population, quality of medical care, social protection of the population, ecology and cleanliness of the city and many others. The first place in the list of the most favorable for the life of the population of the Moscow suburbs was occupied by Klimovsk, the top five included Ivanteevka, Vidnoe, Dolgoprudny, Lobnya.
In terms of transport accessibility, cities such as Khimki, Lobnya, Reutov, Lyubertsy, Mytischi, Kotelniki, Krasnogorsk, Dolgoprudny and Vidnoe can be identified among Moscow cities.
List of cities near Moscow with the highestlevel of atmospheric pollution: Elektrostal, Zheleznodorozhny, Orekhovo-Zuevo, Klin, Serpukhov, Mytischi, Noginsk, Balashikha, Kolomna, Egorievsk, Podolsk, Lyubertsy.
Cities with a high level of radioactive contamination: Troitsk, Dubna, Khimki, Sergiev Posad.
Of the most built-up suburbs in the first place Reutov, on the second - Jubilee, then Rail, Podolsk, Krasnoznamensk, Fryazino, Lyubertsy, Dolgoprudny, Ivanteyevka.