Yoga nutrition: system, principles and menu
Yoga nutrition is inextricably linked with the fulfillmentasana and way of life. Their diet is based on Ayurvedic teachings. Some foods are under strict prohibition, others are consumed in small quantities and at a certain time, and thirdly the yogis eat constantly.
Three types of food in yoga
According to Ayurveda, even the best and cleanestproducts are not always healthy. So, there is food, which should be consumed only in winter or summer. Some foods should be eaten in the morning, because they excite and give energy, others in the evening, since they soothe and tune to prolonged sleep.
Yoga (the secrets of the ancient foundations of nutrition have reached to the present day) divides all food into three types:
- Sattva, which means "purity." This includes all the fresh food of the vegetarian direction. Predominantly seeds and sprouted grains, fruits, wheat, butter, milk and honey.
- Rajas is food that excites the body. It is better not to eat foods from this category or reduce their amount in the diet to a minimum. This includes citrus, tea and coffee, as well as spices, fish, seafood, eggs, alcohol, soda, garlic and onions.
- Tamas is a rough and heavy food. It is difficult to digest by the body. It does more harm than good. Relax, after using it you want to sleep. These are root crops, red meat (beef and pork), all canned products, mushrooms, food with heavy taste (vobla, etc.). This includes frozen food and the one that was stored for a while. These are considered to be dishes reheated for a second time, alcohol and food, which was cooked in a restaurant or shop.
Absolute vegetarianism is whatpromotes yoga. Meditation and nutrition here are closely intertwined. A person practicing yoga for a long time, completely refuses products of animal origin and completely switches to natural products. After all, they charge the body with energy and make the body clean.
Principles of Yoga Nutrition
The yogic diet is based on Ayurvedicteaching. The transition to such a diet should be gradual. Based on it, we can say that the correct diet of yoga contains about 60% of natural raw foods (vegetables, nuts, greens and fruits), 40% of the diet is given to food that has been heat treated.
The yogis' food is closely interrelated with energy -prana. You need to eat so that the products give energy and vitality. Most of all for this purpose is suitable for natural thermally not processed food.
Each dish should be prepared with mood. When preparing food a person should experience pleasure, meditate. Eat the process itself. This attitude of the chef charges the food with positive energy.
Take food slowly and in a calmsituation. Thoroughly chew every bit, at least 40 times. That's how hard food can turn into a liquid one. Drink fluids slowly, in small sips, savoring each drop. A day should drink no more than 10 glasses of water.
The yoga food system assumes a minimal amount of "coarse" material, which gradually must be replaced by energy from the Cosmos. Therefore, all foods that feed the body should be useful.
Yogas are advised to eat only whenfeelings of hunger. If the body does not want to eat, it is better to drink water. It is important to learn to distinguish the present feeling of hunger from other similar instincts. You should listen to yourself and do not pay attention to the generally accepted rules of nutrition.
Yogis do not eat more than 2-3 times a day. In their opinion, more frequent meals interfere with the digestion process. These are mostly small portions with useful products, which are sufficient only to saturate the body. Stop eating with a light sensation of satiety. Once a week, some yogis spend a day of rest only on the water.
Meat is not eaten here, as it is minedby violent means. Litters the body. Causes decay processes. Toxic, since animals are not always fed with useful products, and sometimes chemicals are added to the feed. It leaves in the body purine bases, which are not capable of processing the liver. The remnants of such substances make a person evil, unbalanced. Meat accelerates puberty. Makes men coarser, brutal and causes lower desires. The human body is faster aging.
According to the yogis, man by natureherbivores. For normal livelihoods enough cereals, nuts, vegetables, fruits and milk. It is believed that it makes no sense to poison yourself with meat and kill living beings. Food should be useful and simple.
It can be said that the proper nutrition of a yogi islactovegetarianism. Here, any food of animal origin is unacceptable: meat, fish, eggs. The exception is milk, dairy products and honey.
Every time after eating, the yogis are thanked by the higher powers for the food that they have for today.
Trapeznichat follows from the dishes made only of natural raw materials: clay, glass, wood and porcelain. It is not recommended to eat food from plastic and metal plates.
Yoga and food for beginners - thingsinterconnected. Experienced practitioners advise to be patient in choosing food. Go to vegetarianism slowly. If you can not do this, then recommend at least to observe posts and arrange unloading days.
Tips for yogis in choosing products
Yoga nutrition includes a minimumnumber of animal fats. It is believed that they provoke the onset and progression of atherosclerosis. Influences destructively on the joints. Slag the body and adversely affect the liver, gall bladder. It is advised to replace fats of animal origin with vegetable. It can be any vegetable oil, except for palm oil.
Yogis do not eat sugar and those foods where itis present. Replace it with honey, fruits, berries and dried fruits. In their opinion, sugar carries a harm in the form of caries, obesity, metabolic disorders, diabetes, hypertension, etc.
They exclude from their diet and salt or reduceits use to a minimum. The ban on food concerns garlic and onions. They are used moderately, only in alcohol tinctures and with colds.
Exciting drinks do not drink during yoga classes. This includes alcohol, as well as tea, coffee, hot chocolate and condensed milk. Yoga does not accept tobacco and the process of smoking itself.
In the diet of yoga does not include yeast products, pastries and confectionery. They are replaced with chunky flour from chapati flour.
Yogis eat so that their body is not clogged. They set out to make the body pure and the mind light.
The composition of the diet
Yoga nutrition consists mainly of cereals,beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts, honey, coarse bread and dried fruits. The main thing is that the products are not subjected to heat treatment. A special place in the nutrition system is given to milk. It is considered vital for the body. It is a bright and pure product of sattva, capable of giving peace and harmony to the mind.
Incompatible is the combination of milk withvegetable oil, lemon, salt and yoghurt. One meal does not eat food with different temperature regimes. So, you can not eat a cold salad and hot soup or chocolate with ice cream for one main reception. Yoga is not recommended immediately after a meal to drink tea or coffee. It is advised to wait 1-1.5 hours, and then drink. You can not heat honey to 70 ° C or higher, since it can turn into poison and loses all its healing properties.
Yoga nutrition (menu for every day) includes only products useful for the body, with minimal heat treatment. According to their position, the food should heal the body, and not pollute.
Before eating yoga, wash your hands thoroughly andrinse your face. Do not watch TV while eating, do not read newspapers or talk. Completely focus on absorbing dishes and try to enjoy the taste of food.
Yoga nutrition: a menu for a week
Nutrition for the yoga system for many people seemsstrange and unacceptable, but despite this, it helps to strengthen their health. Increases the endurance of the body. Clears the body. Heals. Enriches with energy and gives strength.
Here is the approximate weekly diet of these people:
- Monday. It is considered a milky day, giving rest to the digestive system. For a day, drink three cups of milk. It can be either warm moist or sour.
- Tuesday. In the morning, eat oatmeal or milk. Grains are soaked from the previous evening in water and add a tablespoon of honey to the dish. For lunch, eat rice or potato soup with a small amount of vegetable oil and brynza. Dinner ends with sour milk.
- Wednesday. For breakfast - fruit or dried fruits. If they are not enough, you can drink a cup of milk or tea with feta cheese in fifteen minutes. You can add 2 bread slices. For lunch, before the main meal, eat fruit, and then a vegetable salad dressed with vegetable oil. There can be a variety of vegetables. At dinner drink a glass of yogurt.
- Thursday. Breakfast consists of fresh or dried fruit. For lunch, vegetable salad with lemon juice or vegetable oil. In the diet add sprouted wheat with honey and nuts. At dinner, eat fruit and a little wheat.
- Friday. Eat foods based on rice. Breakfast is milk with rice. For lunch, tomato soup or hot with the addition of spinach and rice. Here you can make a variety of dishes from rice, including fresh vegetables. The main thing is that they do not violate the principles of nutrition of yogis. To the main dish, you can add a couple of pieces of bread from whole grains. Dinner is finished with milk and rice.
- Saturday. Breakfast on this day consists of sprouted wheat, milk and cottage cheese. For a yoga dinner, use vegetarian soup, vegetable salad and a little bread. Dinner ends with sour milk or cottage cheese.
- Sunday. The ration is saturated at your discretion. Some tolerate meat.
This is only an approximate yoga menu. The rules of nutrition allow you to make up your own diet and enjoy eating.
Nutrition and Yoga
As you practice yoga, a person develops andgrowing. When a certain point of development is reached, the beginner yogi will automatically eat live and healthy food. At the first stage, yogis become vegetarians, then vegan. In the future, some are switching to raw food diet, and the favorites are chosen for a common eating habits.
The nutrition of the yogis in this case says that:
- Food should not be a product of violence. Therefore, eggs, fish and meat are excluded. They charge the body with destructive energy.
- Food gives endurance. Clears the body and thoughts. He changes his thinking. With the transition to vegetarianism, thoughts become more sublime.
- Food stops the aging of the human body.
- Products must be fully absorbed in the body.
- Vegetarian food contains very little fat.
These are just a few of the basics that Hatha Yoga gives. The food should be reasonable, and the process of digesting food should not interfere with employment.
After meals, you should wait three hours and then you can do yoga. After asanas, you can eat only after an hour.
The desired results in yoga can only be achievedby observing certain rules of nutrition. To do this, you should listen to your feelings, then spiritual and physical development will not keep you waiting.
Features of Yoga Breakfast
The yogis' morning is from dawn to noon. During this period, preference is given to sattvic food, since it is the purest and noblest. To such carry a fruit: a banana, coconut or coconut milk, raisins, pears. You can not eat citrus for breakfast. Abstain from tea and coffee. These drinks are advised to be consumed for lunch, as the energy is already at an altitude in the morning, and at lunch time it decreases significantly. Morning time is considered the most suitable for eating nuts (preference is given to cedar and almond) and sunflower seeds. The most useful dish are nuts mixed with dried fruits: dates, dried apricots, raisins, prunes, figs.
Nuts are fried before consumption andprocessed blender into the paste. Do not advise yoga to eat peanuts - peanuts. They are considered a heavy food along with melon and watermelon. Benefit at this time will bring "live" yogurt or buttermilk. All sweets that you want to eat, it is better to eat in the morning.
Lunch time yoga
From noon until 3 pm - lunchtimetime. Despite the fact that the sun helps to digest the food taken at this time, yogis still recommend not to get involved in heavy food. In their opinion, the blood at this time loses its energy and becomes thick. Therefore, during this period, eat meals that contain liquid.
Do not drink canned or reconstituted drinks. They can only harm the body. Fruits and dried fruits of yoga are advised to choose in the market, and not in the supermarket.
In tea or coffee, add a little ginger and green cardamom. Drinks drink snacks with fried nuts.
For lunch, wheat is used, sprouted and slightlyfried. Satiety and benefits will be brought from unbroken whole grain cakes. It is not necessary to eat yeast bread, as it gives only satiety and does not add health. Yogis like to eat rice with a dal. Useful is water with the addition of lemon juice or honey, as it improves digestion.
About how the yogi dines
The yoga dinner ends at 18 o'clock. In the evening you can not heavily burden the stomach, as the digestive processes slow down their work. At this time, use vegetable soups, steamed, boiled or stewed vegetables. Root and citrus fruits, seeds, nuts and rice can not be eaten for dinner. It is especially harmful to eat products of animal origin.
It is forbidden to eat fried and spicy dishes. At this time it is better to refrain from vegetable oil. At this time, vegetables should be cooked on water or on melted butter. Good food is buckwheat with milk. Any dish can be replaced with a glass of milk with the addition of melted butter. Do not drink hot milk.
Food for Winter
Winter food, according to yogis, requires a specialapproach. It should not only feed the body, but also keep warm. Warming vegetables at this time of year have hot vegetable dishes, where potatoes, turnips, carrots, tomatoes, pumpkins, zucchini, greens are added. If the yogi does not adhere to the sattwic diet, then the use of garlic and onions is allowed in small quantities.
It should minimize the use of citrus fruitsand dairy products. Cheese is an exception. Nuts help to save heat. They are consumed whole, roasted or processed into a paste, to which must also be added raisins. Do not drink ice cold drinks in winter. In the tea, add ginger, black pepper or fenugreek seeds.
Lets achieve a lot in life yoga. Healthy eating is an inseparable companion of asanas and helps to achieve physical and psychological perfection.