Concept and types of rest time
When concluding an employment contract, it is necessary to payattention not only to what amount of salary is indicated in it, but also to many additional information that are also very important. Let's not forget that each of his points is important, since the future activity of the employee largely depends on the norms of this agreement. To sign what you read briefly, of course, can not, because the consequences can be catastrophic.
In this article we will talk about the concept andtypes of rest time. "In our country, working time and its types are determined by law, and can be applied only with observance of all norms.Every worker has the right to rest, therefore this is also stipulated by law.
Concept and types of rest time
It is understood as the time during whicheach employee may be exempt from the performance of his own direct labor duties. This time, every worker, of course, has the right to use as he sees fit. The rest period in the labor law is clearly defined. They are:
- breaks that are made during the day or shift;
- Daily or intermittent rest;
- non-working holiday days;
- Weekends, continuous weekly rest;
During a work shift or a day during breaks, the following are included:
1. Periods of time that are used for rest, as well as for food, and last no less than 30 minutes and not more than 2 hours. This time in the working is not included.
2. Periods of time that are intended for rest and heating. This may be due to the specifics of the work. These periods do not exceed 30 minutes.
The internal labor schedule determines the time of the break and its specific duration. All this is agreed between employees and the employer.
Daily rest between shifts is a periodtime, which can not last less than 12 hours. For all employees, there should be days off, for example, a continuous weekly rest can not be less than 42 hours.
Workers who work five days a week,have the right to two days off, and working six days, have 1 day off. Sunday is a common day off for everyone. The second day off, which is envisaged for a five-day working week, can be any one established by a collective agreement, or by the rules of the organization's internal work schedule. These days off are very often given in a row. In addition, workers have the right to rest on specific holidays. The full list of holiday non-working days is established by the legislation, it defines the concept and types of rest time. If the day off and the holiday coincide, then the day off is postponed to the next day, which goes after the holiday. This rule has recently been violated less and less.
Work on weekends, as well as holidays - is prohibited. If, however, employees are involved in work on holidays and weekends, this is done by their written consent in the following cases:
- to prevent industrial accidents and catastrophes, to eliminate the consequences of accidents at work, natural disasters and other disasters;
- to prevent accidents, incidents of damage or destruction of property;
- to perform work due to the introduction of a military or emergency situation, to carry out emergency work in emergency situations.
There are other cases when employeesare attracted to work on certain holidays and weekends. However, this is allowed only with the written consent of the employee. The opinion of the trade union body that exists in this organization is taken into account.
So we reviewed the concept and types of rest time. Knowledge of labor law, of course, will help in many difficult situations.