What is a linguistic examination?
One type of forensic research is a linguistic examination.
Linguistic research is an assessmenttext expressed in oral or written material form (audio and video recordings, newspaper articles, statements, announcements, leaflets with advertisements, notes, letters, etc.). Linguistic expertise requires compliance with one important condition - the text should be clear and precise. Otherwise, a preliminary technical examination is carried out, which restores the lost fragments of the text, eliminates the interference of audio and video recordings and presents the deciphered text to expert linguists, which must be certified by the competent authorities.
- give a basic and connotative concept to the studied linguistic units;
- explain and interpret the etymology and meaning of words, idioms, word combinations;
- interpret certain provisions of the text (more often a controversial treaty) to establish the variability of understanding in the context of modern language culture;
- to study the text on emotional coloring, increased expression of expressions; characterize the semantics, grammatical characteristics and stylistics of the text;
- Identify the similarity or full coincidence of advertising slogans, brands, trademarks, etc.
Legal linguistics is used in the following cases:
In criminal law - in the investigationcrimes provided for in articles in which the verbal act is deemed to be criminal: slander, insult, incitement of hatred and hatred, humiliation of dignity by race, religion, nationalism, etc. featured. This includes false advertising, illegal use of the brand, violation of copyright, related rights, patent rights, the spread of pornography (explicit and hidden). Propaganda of drugs in advertising, leaflets, printed publications can refer to both the criminal and the administrative sphere of law, depending on the qualification.
- In civil law - in legal proceedings on claims of protection of business reputation, honor and dignity, plus protection of copyright, patent, inventive rights, etc.
- In arbitration - on claims of recognitionillegal (or invalid) decisions of the Chamber on patent disputes, media disputes on the propaganda of extremism, the preservation of cultural heritage, etc.
Linguistic expertise makes it possible to clearlyanswer the question of what the meaning was in the phrase or passage of the text. Disagreements and misunderstandings most often arise because of the polysemy (polysemy) of the Russian language.
Linguistic research and linguisticExamination is all forms of evaluating the text, conducted by the same methods and methods. With one difference: examination can be appointed only by the judicial body, and linguistic research can be ordered in the expert bureau even by an individual.