Hernia belly and methods of its treatment
Hernia belly - insidious and complexdisease. The appearance of this hernia is explained by the excessive weakness of the connective tissues on this part of the body. Because of this, the straight muscles of the press can diverge, forming a slit or hole, into which bulges such internal organs as the peritoneum, intestine or omentum. Hernia occurs when exposed to weak tissues of intra-abdominal pressure. The insidiousness of this disease is that such a hernia can for a long time not cause almost no symptoms.
This type of hernia accounts for up to 12% of all varieties of hernia of the abdomen. This disease is most common in men of quite a young age (20-30 years) and almost does not occur in children.
Most often this disease occurs in the upper abdomen, namely in the stomach. Herniated belly, symptoms:
- the main symptom is the painful protrusion of the white line itself.
- increased pain during exercise;
- when palpating the abdomen, an elastic and rounded formation is felt, very painful to the touch;
- the peritoneum organs bulge under the skin, and the white line, which is normally only 2-3 cm, can reach a thickness of 10 cm.
Such a disease as the hernia of the white line of the abdomen is due to many reasons, sometimes completely beyond our control. To such reasons it is possible to carry:
- Postoperative scars;
- tendency to hernia, caused by hereditary causes;
obesity or overweight;
- heavy physical overstrain;
- Constant constipation;
- persistent, disruptive cough;
- Pregnancy and difficult births.
There are effective preventive methods,preventing this disease. These include training in all groups of abdominal muscles, weight normalization, observance of caution during heavy physical exertion, the use of a bandage for pregnancy and the normal functioning of the digestive system of the body.
The diagnosis of a hernia of the white line of the abdomen can putsurgeon. To establish the diagnosis, thorough studies of the abdominal cavity such as gastroscopy and radiography, ultrasound, herniography, computed tomography are carried out.
There are three stages of this disease. In the first stage (preperitoneal lipoma) in the region of the white line, the preperitoneal fat bulges into the holes and crevices formed, and pain symptoms begin to appear. In the second stage (initial), a hernial sac is already formed. Its content is the preperitoneal fat and part of the walls of the small intestine. At the third stage (formed), the hernia is finally formed, and the diameter of the hole can reach 12 cm. Although the majority of diseases are made up of single hernias, it is not uncommon for cases of multiple hernias forming next to each other.
Hernia belly, treatment of the disease:
1. Traditional medicine offers only the help of surgeons, who can remove injuries to the abdominal muscles and connective tissue during the operation. Special prostheses are often used for this. Doctors correct the bulging contents of the peritoneum, after which they gently sew up all the breaks of the white line that have arisen. With this operation, all divergences of the rectus muscles are removed. Since connective tissue is very weak, repeated hernia formation after the operation is performed in almost 40% of cases.
2. The use of a special bandage is considered a non-surgical way to prevent a hernia of the white line of the abdomen.
All actions to eliminate the hernia are aimed atstop the boundaries of its expansion and prevent the transition of one stage of the disease to another. The main condition for achieving a good result is the speed of treatment.