Herniated hernia - what is it? Hernia of the stomach: causes and symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
In the world there are many differentdiseases that every person can face. Now I want to talk about a disease like a stomach hernia. What is it, what are the causes of the problem and how can it be managed?
About the disease
At the very beginning you need to understand the concepts,which will be used in the article. First of all, you need to understand the hernia of the stomach - what is it. So, to put it briefly, this is the loss of the stomach in the chest cavity. In this case, physicians distinguish two types of hernia:
- Internal (the abdominal cavity extends into the thoracic part through the diaphragm). This disease is also called a hernia of the esophagus.
- External (outlet of the abdominal cavity, which occurs through the weak points of the abdominal wall).
We understand further with such a disease as a hernia of the stomach. What it is is understandable. It's time to consider the causes of this unpleasant disease.
- Intra-abdominal pressure. It can occur as a result of constipation, blows with a blunt object in the abdomen, gassing in the stomach and even lifting weights.
- The cause may be a malfunctioning organ.
- Bloating can also cause a hernia.
- The weak connective tissue of the walls of the peritoneum can also lead to the development of a hernia.
- Rachiocampsis. This can provoke a confusion of organs. This is the cause of the hernia.
However, in addition to the main reasons, there are also indirect ones. What then can we talk about?
- Excessive use of alcohol andlow-alcohol beverages. They have a devastating effect on the stomach. However, if you drink alcohol in moderate doses (not more than twice a month), this may not happen.
- Overeating affects the stomach negatively. Especially to control food intake is necessary in stressful situations.
- Negative affect the stomach and smoking. It can also cause a hernia.
- In girls who after eating cause a vomiting reflex (to control their weight), often a hernia of the stomach also occurs.
Having understood the hernia of the stomach - what is it and what are the main causes of this disease, I also want to talk about the symptoms that may indicate this disease.
- In the stomach, pain may occur during eating.
- Pain sensations can occur at the moment of inclination forward or in the side.
- Hernia can cause tachycardia and angina pectoris - problems in the work of the heart.
- It can also be hiccough, eructation, heartburn.
However, all these indicators can beprecursors and other diseases. In addition, the hernia of the stomach is not pronounced, characteristic only of her symptoms. That's why at the first fears you need to be examined by a doctor.
The fact that the patient has a hernia of the diaphragm of the stomach, can only tell the doctor. And then only after certain studies. What will be necessary in this case?
- Ultrasound (ultrasound).
However, only on the basis of X-rays can determine the location of the hernia in relation to the diaphragm.
How is the hernia of the stomach treated most often? Operation is the most common way to get rid of the problem. In this case, doctors will do everything possible to ensure that the patient's stomach contents no longer enter the esophagus. During the operation, the anatomical ratio of the esophagus, stomach and esophageal opening should also be restored. The blood loss during such surgical interventions is minimal. It should be said that such measures to get rid of the problem by patients are carried very well, stay in the hospital after this short-term.
However, if you ask for a doctor's help in time, you can try to avoid surgery. How to treat a stomach hernia, if you do not want to lie under the knife?
- Strict diet. With this diet, all food should be soft, warm. Prepare the food should be steamed. Food is divided, you need to eat 5-6 times a day in small portions. You can not eat two hours before bedtime. You also need to carefully monitor the temperature of the dishes.
- It is necessary to completely abandon bad habits. So, you can not smoke, drink alcohol.
- It is important to take all the medicines prescribed by the doctor.
Now we know what a stomach hernia is. Symptoms, treatment of it must necessarily be discussed with a doctor, you can not prescribe drugs yourself. As already mentioned above, it is strictly necessary to follow all the doctor's recommendations. What medicines can a doctor assign to a patient with this diagnosis?
- Antisecretory drugs. Their goal: to reduce the secretion of the digestive tract and stomach. This may be drugs such as "lansoprazole" or "omeprazole."
- Laxatives (if there are constipation). These can be such drugs as "Normase" or "Regulax".
- Preparations, the purpose of which is to increase muscle tone ("Cisapride", "Motilium").
We will discuss the danger of a stomach hernia. Symptoms, treatment are described above. If you do not go to the doctor on time and do not cope with the problem, it can all lead to complications. What should be feared?
- Stomach ulcers.
- Erosion of the stomach.
- Constriction of the stomach.
Means of traditional medicine, unfortunately, can not help the stomach to get in place. However, with their help you can try to cope with the symptoms of the disease.
Heartburn. You need to take a tablespoon of althea root, mintpeppermint, mother-and-stepmother and flax seeds. All ingredients are mixed. Next, you need to take three spoons of the mixture, pour cold water, insist for about an hour. Now it is necessary to warm the medicine in a water bath, cool it and drain it. The drug is taken five times a day for half a cup.
Bloating. It is equally necessary to mix flax seeds andanise, as well as peppermint leaves and fennel fruits. The spoon of the mixture is poured into a glass of hot water, everything boils for about 15 minutes. Then the medicine must be insisted and filtered. The drug is taken half a cup before each meal.
Gooseberries can help in the fight against hernia. A tablespoon of its leaves should be filled with half a liter of boiled water, then everything is insisted. You need to take medicine half a cup three times a day.